Setting up your files for digital print
We specialise in high quality digital print and can only achieve this if your files are set up correctly. Anything that is not completely correct can always be amended, but this will take extra time, therefore any deadline we initially agree to, may be missed.
If you are unclear on any of these points or have any other queries then please contact us for further details. We will not charge for this, and it may save you time later.
McAllister Litho Glasgow Ltd is committed to digital workflows. All jobs for print should be supplied electronically. The preferred file format for this is the Portable Document Format (PDF).
To produce a PDF file is simply a matter of distilling a postscript file, usually with Adobe's Acrobat Distiller. Please Note that this has to be a press quality PDF. Acrobat 4.0 and above is supplied with pre-set Press Optimised settings.
- For colour PDFs use Acrobat 4.0 or higher. Version 3.0 colour can look flat.
- Always have Acrobat Distiller set to embed all fonts.
McAllister Litho Glasgow Ltd have current MAC and PC versions of industry standard applications: QuarkXpress, Powerpoint, Word, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and InDesign.
Page Make Up
- Use the correct page size in the application.
- Allow for bleed in the document and in the print options - minimum 3mm.
- Incorporating crop marks may require a larger page size on output. Always include crop marks and bleed (where applicable).
- Please Indicate if CMYK or special colours apply, and supply Pantone reference numbers where known.
- The colours produced on a monitor or proof can differ radically from those of the press printed version. So please Include colour laser proofs if available.